Monday, May 5, 2008

Secrets to Home-Based Business Success

You've done the research and made your decision. Now you are one--a home-based business owner. Great! Today, however, you're wondering what's next? Ah, you're on the right path because your question is the first step to finding the right answer.

When searching for a home based business opportunity, perhaps like me you leaned toward products and services that you saw yourself needing and using. That's good, but it may have given you a false sense that everyone will jump on the bandwagon and buy, which is not so good.

Not nearly enough of the home-based business opportunities fully describe what it takes to move from a business idea to bottom line profits! I know a lot about this challenge because my book, Best Quarter Workshop™, provides business owners with over 150 winning ideas to improve their companies.

Home-based business ideas are important, but I'll quickly emphasize ideas alone are not the key to unlocking success. Why? Ideas are a dime a dozen. Ideas implemented are PRICELESS!

This brings us to the one of the secrets of generating success from any home-based business idea. No big drum role, just one word--goals. You may plead, "I've got goals. That's why I decided to start home based business." Yes, but do you have an action plan that is supported by near-term, mid-range, and long-term goals?

In another of my books, Wealth Habits, I share research that shows the practices separating top-income producers from the rest of the pack. Goals are that decisive difference. You're welcome to get a free copy by visiting BestQuarterWorkshop.com.

Most business plans focus on an annual planning cycle. For a business home based, that's too long. Owners need an action plan for each quarter, which is a mid-range goal. Setting short-term goals to support that plan will ensure the majority of your key initiatives are completed within days or weeks. Now imagine the next level where you set and complete growth and profit goals quarter after quarter.

Picture where your home-based business could be if you had goals to find more prospects, close more sales, increase average units sold, expand overall revenue, and improve average profit per unit. Now ask another question. Are my goals multiplying profits in those five key areas?

A proven goal-setting process remains one of the secrets to home-based business success. That's great news because your goal-directed decisions put you in total control. How? Your future comes one choice at a time!

For more information and a free copy of my book, Wealth Habits, please visit BestQuarterWorkshop.com

A bit of background on me...I am a Productivity Strategist with nearly four decades of progressive leadership experience. As a business owner, I strive to transform human potential into a sustainable competitive advantage. I enjoy coaching executives, developing leaders, streamlining production, enhancing revenue, and generating measurable results.

If I may assist you, just let me know (Contact Grant)

Copyright 2008 Grant Ferguson, All Rights Reserved.




Join Our Community & Network

http://intentone.com

No comments: